Recipe by Matthieu Jolly, chef at l’Ajoupa2gros
Equipment you’ll need: knife, scoop, fork, citrus press
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 bunch chives
- 1 1/2 minced sweet chili pepper
- Manioc flour
- Salt and pepper
- A few drops of Tabasco
- 400 ml olive oil
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes
- Slice the avocados in half and scoop out the flesh.
- Mash the flesh with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the juice out of the limes and add it to the avocado along with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Mince the coriander and the chives and add them to the mixture.
- Add a few drops of Tabasco and the minced sweet chili pepper (this pepper is not spicy).
- Mix everything together.
- Mix in the manioc flour, then shape the mixture into balls.
- Decorate the balls with cilantro leaves, edible flowers, or whatever you like!
Enjoy your lunch!